The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a provider of customized energy solutions for large business, municipalities and government, universities, and hospital systems. TEN delivers a robust suite of fiscally sound, environmentally responsible energy efficiency, distributed generation and smart cities products and services, that exceeds its customers’ sustainability, financial and operational goals. TEN is a subsidiary of Duquesne Light Holdings, Inc.
Reporting to TEN’s President (or assignee), a Project Development Manager is accountable for assisting in all assigned project development activities assigned at TEN. The primary responsibility of the Project Development Manager will be to assist in the development, award and signing of contracts with customers of TEN. A Project Development Manager’s principal duties are to identify and develop opportunities, within the Company’s range of interest and expertise, which translate into customer contracts and profitable revenue for the Company. Maintaining and participating in daily communications with and helping direct the activities of the development team (internal and external) will be key to success in this role. The successful candidate will work out of the Company’s Pittsburgh or Philadelphia offices or, alternatively, from a home based office.
- Assist in developing and cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate the full scope of company solutions and services to meet customers’ business goals and achieve company sales and profitability objectives;
- Communicate with decision makers and other potential customer representatives to develop positive relationships to secure the sale of the company’s offerings;
- Provide technical sales support and coordination, both internally and externally;
- Promote business activity by coordinating developing and presenting concepts and preliminary technical findings, at various stages of the project development process, whether in written form or in oral presentation format;
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of project development involving a wide variety of technologies and involving multi-discipline project staff;
- Manage and/or participate in the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
- Work closely with the Company’s Engineering, Construction and Finance personnel to develop project scopes, costs, savings, schedule, and financial expectations;
- Provide internal technical guidance and project support to ensure full achievement of customer satisfaction;
- Support the growth of TEN’s goal of securing recurring and sequential project revenues through contacts with customers interested in a programmatic solution to their energy service needs;
- With the assistance of the TEN’s engineering and construction groups , coordinate the company’s project development efforts to meet customer and company expectations through the following processes occurring primarily in the steps leading up to contract signing. The typical project process to include, but not limited to, the following: customer education, opportunity feasibility assessment, qualification and proposal development, oral interview development, presentations to customers and assistance with customer and vendor contract negotiation;
- Investment grade audit development and measurement and verification plan development;
- Maintain periodic contact with customer throughout the term of the contact to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times);
- Understanding of the technical and financial aspects of the energy services business;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Ability to identify project viability on both technical and financial fronts;
- Ability to work well with sales managers and engineers in the sales process to ensure success and fluent integration toward executed contacts for the Company;
- Ability to develop subcontractor/vendor relationships and regional strategic partnerships for specific projects;
- Technical sales related experience is preferred (in the energy services sector is a plus);
- Strong customer focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet multiple personal goals and deadlines;
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to use a computer and general word processing, presentation and spreadsheeting software;
- Ability to write presentations, sales documents and technical reports;
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce;
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or business is preferred;
- Additional qualifications in business or risk management a plus;
- A prior relevant experience in the energy industry is not mandatory but is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative-environment.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a key contributing part of a dynamic, fast-growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
TEN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, or veteran status.