Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
We are seeking a Project Development Analyst to join the No. 1 commercial solar provider in the country1. In this role, you will work on the North America West and Federal commercial development team to achieve our solar, storage, and services bookings goals. This is a highly cross-functional position in which you will interact with Business Development, Project Finance, Products, Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance, and other teams to develop compelling customer offerings.
Analyst Development Program
As a SunPower analyst, you will be able to participate in the Analyst Development Program. The goals of the Program are to 1) empower analysts, 2) build a strong analyst cohort and internal network, and 3) prepare analysts to be future leaders at SunPower. This is accomplished through training, a structured development plan, team-building activities, and leading special projects that allow analysts to explore potential career paths.
What does a Project Development Analyst do?
- Develop solar and storage projects, from initial lead through booking, for large customers, including Fortune 500 companies, institutional customers, and all levels of government
- Analyze customer goals, site conditions, and utility data in order to evaluate the feasibility of a solar and/or storage system
- Utilize powerful design software to determine optimal product selection, design, and sizing
- Research policy, incentives, construction code, taxes, etc. for various markets
- Conduct financial modeling to creatively structure customer offerings (cash sale, lease, PPA, etc.) in order to maximize the customer value proposition
- Value-engineer (optimize costs for) customer offerings
- Communicate daily with internal teams in order to advance customer offerings toward booking
- Lead special projects to improve our processes, value proposition, and reach, such as:
- Business development and customer outreach
- Data analytics
- Policy support for new markets
- Process and tool development to empower the commercial team
What qualities do a great Project Development Analyst have?
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preference for working collaboratively in a team setting
- Growth mindset – you can learn new topics, tools, and processes quickly
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills—advanced Excel usage
- Ability to combine a creative, strategic approach with attention-to-detail
- Ability to be responsive and manage priorities during multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge in energy and financial fields
- Demonstration of SunPower’s values: put the customer first, win together, lead decisively, innovate relentlessly, and do the right thing
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic track record
What are the ideal qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, business/finance, economics, etc.)
- Work experience, especially as related to the energy and finance industries
1. Source: GTM Research, 2018-2019
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment:Developer, Business Development, Technology, Sales