Project Development Foreman
Purpose of Position
Our Project Job Foreman executes on-site installations of green wall systems and other specialty landscape elements throughout North America. The person in this role will deliver projects on predetermined job schedules and within budget to achieve budgeted profit. The Project Job Foreman will communicate and provide customer service to Ambius’ clients, and cultivate existing and new business relationships to generate repeat business.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform on-site installation of each assigned project in coordination with the Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Determine proper tools and equipment for the installation and coordinate equipment rental with the Construction Manager.
- Operate power tools and hand tools including table saws, circulating saws, grinders, sanders, cordless drills, hammer drills, and concrete drills.
- Operate extending forklifts, scissor lifts, and articulating boom lifts.
- Coordinate and receive deliveries of products and materials at the job sites.
- Attend all required job site construction and/or safety meetings and disseminate information as appropriate
- Report any job delays, field changes or request for change orders to the Construction Manager or Project Manager.
- Manage any additional installation crews, union tradesmen, and subcontractors assigned to you at the job sites.
- Perform regular checks on the work of any colleague reporting to them to ensure work is carried out safely and in accordance with safe systems of work.
- Remedy any deficiencies identified following walk through/audits/inspections.
- Provide information, instruction and training to all colleagues so that they are competent to undertake their work safely.
- Issue written work instructions for each work activity which specifies the appropriate safe system of work to be followed and any control measures identified from site-specific risk assessments.
- Provide adequate supervision to all employees so that they work safely and without risk to health.
- Report any hazardous site conditions or accidents to appropriate personnel.
- Compile with all Health and Safety responsibilities as specified in the Technical Field Guide.
- Maintain OSHA 30 hour Health and Safety Certification.
- Maintain Proper Training and Certification for Lifts.
- Maintain OSHA Certified First Aid and CPR Training and Certification.
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
Installation, construction, or related lead experience
Preferred not required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all times and in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction documents/plans.
- Experienced carpentry, structural framing, plumbing, electrical, mill-work, and irrigation skills.
- Able to field modify mill-work cabinetry / stainless steel trim surrounds.
- Able to work independently and make business-focused decision.
Certifications & Licensees
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record.
This is a full-time position.The Project Job Foreman role requires extensive out of town travel, up-wards of 90% of the time. Overnight travel will be required.
Work Schedule: This job may have irregular hours due to travel and client demands but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive deadlines and time frames. For days spent in the office, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.