The Project Development Manager will lead land acquisition in the State of Texas for solar PV projects and undertake the site selection process reflecting various criteria and features for development of solar projects.
- Source the title information from the public registry and manages the potential target landowner lists.
- Negotiate with potential landowners for execution of property agreements (option to lease and/or option to purchase) and coordinate internally with the commercial team, legal counsel for supporting the commercial decisions for all and related contracts.
- Secure the consent from relevant third parties stakeholders to construct and operate the solar projects.
- Oversee all land-related matters for developing the project including regulatory planning, routing, survey, title, acquisition, ROW.
- Develops the local specific land acquisition strategies reflecting corporate strategies, and local laws and regulations and implement the execution plan.
- Provide regulatory due diligence assessments of new projects as required in target areas.
- Oversee the permitting process with all relevant authorities (federal, state & local) for obtaining required approvals for development, construction and operation of the renewable energy projects.
- Manage the scope, budget and timeline of the project consultants (environmental, engineering, legal etc) and review its deliverables for obtaining the required environmental and interconnection approvals on time.
- Liaison as the local face of the project with the local communities and leads the community outreach efforts including attending public hearings, delivering presentation of the projects etc.
- Five or more years of project development experience within renewable energy industry
- Strong understanding of utility-scale solar project development, real estate transaction and permitting process
- Experience managing land acquisition through financial closing activity and environmental permitting process
- Experience providing data, documentation and answers for project finance due diligence
- Experience supporting interconnection by providing and updating site control documentation
- Ability to work independently and remotely and as a part of a team from an organizational perspective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, persuasion skills, a good networker and a good negotiator
- An existing network of contacts within the sector and the State of Texas
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Earth