SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary as a company on Earth Day 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS Engineers is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking environmental Project Director with a strong technical presence in our Miami, FL office, to assist in leading our environmental group. This position will offer the right person significant opportunities for leadership and growth within SCS. This individual would provide leadership, direction and coordination for regional projects and clients and would interact with senior managers in developing planning initiatives. He or she would also train and supervise department staff and write/review technical reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing scopes of work and budgets, managing, and executing environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring programs, soil and groundwater remedial actions, environmental compliance auditing and permitting, and related environmental services with senior oversight.
- Communicating with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensuring adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions, and plans and coordinates work.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing a formal business development plan for assigned activities. Monitor business development and strive for cost efficiency as well as long-term positioning in business development execution.
- Responsible for proposal preparation, including review of RFP’s; preparation of written proposals, qualification packages, preparation of:
- interviews with clients for new work; and delegation to others in performing these proposal responsibilities.
- Encourage and support preparation and presentation of papers at seminars, conferences, and symposiums.
- Establish and maintain appropriate contact with local and regional community. Become active in local professional and trade associations. Encourage office personnel to participate in professional activities for business opportunities and personal growth.
- Management of projects should include lead technical person, client contact, scheduling of personnel, and other management duties such as projecting manpower requirements, billing projections, invoicing, and accounts receivable management.
- Mentoring and Development of Staff
- Assist in new fee generation commensurate with similar senior colleagues.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geology required.
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience required. Experience must include hands-on field and office based activities in environmental consulting. Specific experience on solid or hazardous waste management, industrial projects, groundwater assessments and landfill compliance monitoring/ reporting is a plus. Experience in South Florida is preferred.
- Must be well versed in water quality, environmental regulations and environmental assessment/remediation.
- Demonstrated experience in project development and execution in the Public (Federal/DoD/state/local) and Private sectors.
- Must have business development experience in South Florida.
- Professional Certification (EIT/PE/PG/CIH) preferred and current OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player with great communication, strong technical writing skills, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.