Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. The Project Director Foster Grandparents is responsible for the over-all maintenance of the program, achievement of goals, and fiscal integrity. EEO.
• Assists the Grants team with the annual grant application to the AmeriCorps Seniors, Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), and with all reports required by the CNCS. Monitors progress on goals and expenses.
• Develops and monitors the programs annual budget. Assures the accuracy of reports. Provide information during the annual program audit.
• Hires, trains, and supervises all paid staff.
• Maintains over-all responsibility for the recruitment, selection, and training of Foster Grandparents.
• Monitors and assures the accuracy of all program records including stipend payments and volunteer timesheets. Assures all program procedures follow the policies set by the sponsor and the CNCS.
• Maintains current knowledge of federal guidelines and practices. Develops, monitors and implements program policies and procedures in accordance to these regulations.
• Develops and maintains relationships with volunteer stations. Negotiates a Memorandum of Understanding with each site every three years.
• Plans and implements a recognition event for the FGs. Plans and supervises in-service training programs to assure all FGs receive at least forty-eight hours of in-service training each year.
• Provides community education, marketing, and public relations.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all records.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
• Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
• Employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
• Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human or Social Service areas, strongly preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate Microsoft computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher, required.
• Minimum of three years of management level experience, which includes supervision of staff, required.
• Past experience with working with volunteers, strongly preferred.
• Experience with budgeting and fiscal management, strongly preferred.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-function.
• Demonstrates mature judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing, bending and moving
• The ability to complete assignments in all types of weather and ever-changing and sometimes allergenic environments in locations we serve, including heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
• May be exposed to infectious diseases
• Must have good mobility to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing steep stairs
• Must have good hearing and speech ability to communicate with others
• Must have good vision for driving and for assessing conditions of those we serve