This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and/or CEO and is responsible for the implementation, coordination, and supervision of all services and programs at the project site. The main function of the position is to manage a project that is designed to assist homeless and/or at-risk households in achieving their highest level of independence and successfully transitioning to and/or maintaining permanent housing.
- Implements, coordinates, and oversees housing project.
- Community development to garner support to include doing presentations, facilitating stakeholder meetings, and participating in community and project planning meetings.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community partners to include the project subcontractors, the local Continuum of Care, housing facilities, landlords, donors, funders, and agencies and programs to successfully deliver services to clients.
- Develops a therapeutic milieu in accordance with the U.S.VETS mission and philosophy.
- Develops and implements reporting of performance measures.
- Evaluates trends in outputs, outcomes, needs and service gaps, and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Provides oversight of any subcontractor scope of work and performance deliverables.
- Supervises staff recruitment, hiring, and supervision.
- Supervises Program Manager and/or Program team in delivery of services, which include but are not limited to: outreach, residential assistance, community service, therapeutic stations, transportation, client appointments, weekly class schedule, housing maintenance oversight, room inspections, and daily community meetings.
- Supervises Clinical staff to provide and oversee clinical services through intake, crisis intervention, counseling, case management, life skills classes, and client grievance/dispute resolution.
- Oversees facility maintenance and client service delivery related to facility and unit upkeep.
- Oversees workforce services performance of workforce development and job readiness for clients, supervises performance goal outcomes.
- Facilitates regular meetings with program staff and monitors program goals, objectives, and outcomes to report to senior management to include strategizing and making corrective action plans for improvements.
- Maintains overall organizational integrity within the site and compliance with all government regulations to include oversight of client care guidelines and ensuring that legal requirements are met.
- Ensures all site inventory is properly procured, received, documented, and accurately maintained to include oversight of company-owned vehicles and adequate emergency food and supplies.
- Develops and updates client forms, policies, and curriculum as necessary in line with any established company protocols.
- Ensures internal audits of client charts and databases are conducted to ensure compliance with regulations to include those related to the Homeless Information Management System.
- Responsible for fiscal management and budget tracking to include approving program revenue and expenses, compiling required documentation, and submitting timely expense reports.
- Assists with administration of payroll by ensuring time sheets are reviewed for accuracy and are submitted timely.
- Responsible for coordination of development and fundraising efforts at the site, as necessary, and in conjunction with the Development Team including but not limited to: hosting fundraising or friend-raising events, media communications, social media, open house events, donor recruitment and tracking, and stewardship.
- Coordinates special projects as identified by senior management.
- Identifies and tracks areas needing support and input from senior management and follows up to receive such input.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters in Social Work, Public Administration, Non-Profit Management, Project Management, or related field required.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in related program/project management, staff supervision, program development, and budget management as related to programs.
- Leadership and conflict management skills essential.
- Experience working with homeless individuals, disabled individuals, and/or families in need and culturally diverse populations. The successful candidate should be a Veteran and have substantial experience working with the Veteran population.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of individuals, to include clients, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include public speaking and ability to represent organization in the community.
- Demonstrates personal and financial integrity in the workplace and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and within team-approach environment.
West Los Angeles VA Housing Project & Ventura Veterans Home
- Reports to Chief Operating Office with direct guidance and support from the Vice Presidents of Programs, Operations & Compliance, and Housing Development
- Manages the development, implementation, and ongoing operations of the West Los Angeles VA Campus and Ventura Veterans Home
- Fulfills leadership role with partners of the West Los Angeles Veterans Collective partners.
- Participates in VA Services Council Meetings and coordinates partner’s services for the campuses.
Salary commensurate with experience