Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 75185BR Date posted 10/25/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Engine Test Systems and Services group within the Military Customer Support and Services Organization, is seeking a Project Engineer. You will become a member of a dynamic team responsible for the design, manufacture and installation of complex Support Equipment as it pertains to un-installed Jet Engine Test.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work directly with international and domestic customers, suppliers, PW program and engineering groups in the design, manufacture and installation of various pieces of support equipment as they relate to uninstalled engine test.
- Coordination of logistical data elements, service groups, and functional areas supporting these activities.
- Establish equipment requirements; maintain cost, schedule and performance data for the assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the customer, management and related functional areas to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained on a sustaining basis and that overall customer support and program management goals are met.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
We are looking for you if you have the desire to engage in "hands on" work (when supporting test cell installation / maintenance / troubleshooting activities).
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of experience either in aircraft engine maintenance, or test cell installation or maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with military aircraft/engine maintenance hardware and procedures.
- Previous "hands on" experience with regard to the installation and/or maintenance of engine Test Cell.
- PMP or other project management certification advantageous
- Technical writing skills a plus.
- Experience using MS Office Suite products; to include Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- Capable of working directly with suppliers, customers and different levels of management.
- Demonstrated communications and teaming skills required.
- Potential exists for moderate domestic/international travel in support of customer requirements.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Military clearance and comply with ITAR regulations.
- Candidate must be able to obtain or have a valid passport.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.