Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Manage small scale capital projects within the Property Services department across DLC territory.
- Some tasks on projects include coordinating the design, scope, budgeting, bidding process, project planning, oversight of project work, working with contractors, etc.
- Coordinate work assignments and schedules with Property Services personnel from various crafts (carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, design). Develop Work Plans that balance available hours with Capital and Non-Capital work load.
- Make field visits to monitor the progress associated with construction of projects.
- Strong focus on company safety practices when planning and executing projects.
- Ensure capital and maintenance work orders are pointed to correct funding project number and are completed in a timely manner.
- Utilize Maximo to evaluate and improve efficiencies with Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance work schedules for Property Services department.
- Perform Maximo system audits and analyze monthly KPIs.
Roles at this level require a BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited school or related technical discipline with 3 years of relevant experience in construction management or related field.
- Ability to plan and direct the work of others
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies to effectively schedule multiple projects
- Fluent in various Microsoft software applications, such as Excel and PowerPoint
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on past experience on a regular basis. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.