BLE is a growing company of over 130 engineers, geologists, technicians, and support staff with offices in Asheville, North Carolina and Greenville, South Carolina. Our Asheville location provides geotechnical consulting and construction materials testing services to local and regional clients in commercial, residential, industrial, health care, institutional, waste management, and public sectors.We also provide specialized consulting and design services for dams, retaining walls, slopes, and this position is a key part of these specialized service offerings. The successful candidate will support the traditional geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and dam engineering groups within the office as an experienced geotechnical engineer.
- Individual will serve as a Project Engineer within the Construction Materials Testing Department. Specific engineering and project management tasks will include, but not be limited to, oversight of inspections and testing of soils (evaluation of soil bearing capacity and density); reinforced concrete and masonry; modular retaining wall construction, structural steel inspections, evaluation of laboratory data; inspection of shallow and deep foundation installation; and monitoring of asphalt placement.
- Individual will have a responsibility for generating fees through management and development of existing and new client relationships. Actively participate in marketing and new client development activities with business developments staff. Maintain existing client relationships and pursue new relationships with potential clients.
- Individual will complete project proposals and develop estimated costs and budgets along with other proposal deliverables.
- Individual will be responsible for review of project specifications and special inspection requirements on his/her assigned projects and to review daily inspection reports. All reports are to be reviewed, signed, and provided as a deliverable to the client and project distribution in a timely manner.
- Willingness to make project site visits to review construction activities, review site inspector activities, develop relationships with contractor and/or owners, and to provide engineering support when required.
- Monthly invoicing on assigned projects will be reviewed and approved by Senior Engineer
- Help develop, train, and mentor less experienced professional staff and technicians.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with clients, coworkers, field staff, and management.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspections consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Project Management.
- Must have at least a bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- Needs to have current standing as a Professional Engineer (PE) in North Carolina or the ability to obtain PE licensure through reciprocity.
- Should have experience in managing multiple on-going projects, scheduling, and evaluation or review of project budgets.
- Individual must be able to clearly communicate and work effectively with clients and other department staff.
- Would prefer an individual with knowledge of the Upstate development and construction market. area and already has established contacts with potential clients.
- Individual must be self-motivated and can able to effectively manage time and work priorities of themselves and field staff.