Founded in 1908, Flintco now employs more than 600 people in 8 cities serving clients in healthcare, education, hospitality, sports and industrial. Flintco also self-performs concrete, steel erection and excavation. Nothing matters more to us than the quality and growth of our people. Our teams are smart, humble and disciplined. Flintco is recognized for its commitment to safety and quality, using Lean principles as a guide to continuous improvement. The five guiding principles of our Ethos are: Safety, Integrity, Quality, Accountability and Honesty. We live it every day.
Flintco Project Engineers are responsible for assisting Project Manager and Superintendent by performing specifically delegated administrative and technical work assignments.
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting Project Manager and Superintendent by performing specifically delegated administrative and technical work assignments.
- Assist Project Manager in writing/reviewing subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that the scope of work is accurate and complete; that all the necessary provisions are included; and that the contract amounts are correct.
- Review thoroughly the Project Documents and become familiar with Project participants (i.e. Architect, Owner, local authorities, Subcontractors and Suppliers) to enable productive day-to-day operations between company and other participants. Represent company in project meetings, as required.
- Assist in determining submittal requirements and preparing and maintaining submittal log. Expedite materials/equipment from pre-approval stage through final delivery stage to insure the correct material/equipment is delivered to meet project schedule. Includes reviewing, correcting and obtaining approval on all submittals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining overall project schedule, and short-term schedules. Make regular site visits to observe and inspect that the project is being built properly and that it is progressing on schedule.
- Duties may also include maintaining daily records and preparation and submittal of weekly time sheets and/or prevailing wage payrolls to payroll clerk.
- Receive, evaluate and disseminate correspondence, directives, questions, clarifications, and other information between Owner, Architect, Subcontractors and Suppliers, to insure timely response of requested information, and changes and directives are being acted upon by all participants.
- Assist in maintaining project files and documentation, including transmittals, telephone conversations, submittals, letters, etc., assuring that project documentation is organized and complete so that a clear and accurate history of the project is maintained.
- Assist in keeping estimated and actual cost records current and accurate, and in tracking Subcontractor/Supplier and company self-performed work, to provide justification for billing.
- When directed, expedite and obtain all necessary permits (building, occupancy, etc.), all record documents (i.e. as-built drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, warranties, etc.) are received in a timely manner so as to not delay construction progress or payments.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and directed by supervisor or other authorized person.
B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education, technical training and related experience.
2 to 3 years experience in construction trades. Entry + level position.
Knowledge of methods and technology, sufficient to have the ability to determine proper construction sequencing, procurement planning, and review and correct submittals. Ability to maintain, inform and communicate with construction team. Ability to make well informed decisions on behalf of the company and know when to seek assistance from higher authority before making decisions. Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications accurately. Knowledge of and application skills in Geometry, Trigonometry, and Algebra. Working knowledge of computers and standard company software. Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our Human Resources Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Flintco, LLC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.