Plans and conducts work that requires judgment of evaluation, selection, substantial adaptation and modification of standard technique, procedures and criteria. Develops elevator and escalator project engineering and shop drawings from architectural drawings and/or specification using Company s standards, engineering fundamentals and principles, and requirements of governing Codes and Authorities. Provides input and support in the development of new products as may be required from time to time.
- Provide technical support on project specification, layout, design, and application of elevator, escalator systems.
- Work relatively independent, in all conventional aspects of the area of assignment, but has considerable responsibility for personal work output.
- Make necessary engineering calculations as required.
- Work with Project Management and the Development Engineering Section to ensure product code compliance.
- Consult with Marketing and Factory Liaison departments to provide guidance on product application discussion in collateral.
- From time to time survey and analyze competitive products for consultation with Sales and other departments.
- Provide technical design and application support for all Elevator and Escalator products
- Interface with Project Managers, Field Quality Assurance Dept. and on technical issues as needed
- Assist architects/structural engineers with layout and design of elevator and escalator systems as needed.
- Assist structural engineers with required design calculations for submittal to local authorities as needed.
- Prepares new or modified layouts, drawings and designs according to the elevator and escalator specifications, and company s standard data, using computer aided design equipment.
- Reviews layout drawings and supporting documents to verify completeness, clarity and accuracy of work assigned.
- Work includes interfacing, preparing and coordinating submittal packages and communication to other company departments relating to various projects.
- Prepare CAD library drawings, etc.; and utilize in the preparation of engineering layouts.
- Ability to recognize deviation from Company s standard data and propose workable solutions within the company s technical capability.
- May include limited working and training assignments overseas from time to time.
- Prepared to travel as required from time to time
Degree in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering preferred. Analytical approach to problem solving.
Team oriented and self-motivated. Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona fide occupational qualification).
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company s legal duty to furnish information.
Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the supplement.
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at employment@meus. mea. com or by calling 714. 229. 3813.