Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Project Engineer to support the 66th Engineering group at Hanscom AFB
- Support project engineering efforts that includes developing detailed scopes of work as it relates to facilities and infrastructure, electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Develop cost estimates meeting the requirements of an Association for Advancement of Cost Estimating (AACE) Class III cost estimate, classifying work in accordance with Air Force Instructions & Business Rules, developing project approval documents, and entering project specific data into NEXGEN.
- Assist with program development by recommending project priorities and fiscal years to ensure facility and infrastructure investments support current Air Force facility investment strategies.
- Develop and run automated reports from NEXGEN to validate that all programmed project records comply with the NEXGEN Data Standards
- General Engineer Duties/Tasks, as assigned:
- Provide assistance and technical support in the identification, development, and preparation of FSRM, Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF), customer-funded programs, and MILCON projects.
- Coordinate with customers and other governmental personnel and agencies, as necessary, to define project requirements, ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and Air Force regulations. Draft Performance Work Statements (PWS), prepare Statements of Work (SOW), draft programming documents (DD 1391s), and develop cost estimates, briefings and other components of the programming / acquisition package for government approval and submission.
- Perform independent technical and cost reviews of facility project design submittals, standard design templates, charrette reports, and facility design standards/tools prepared by architect-engineers. The Contractor shall perform comprehensive technical compliance verification of all aspects of the design with all applicable design criteria, including applicable AF and national standards, criteria, and specifications; providing a specific citation as the basis for each finding. The Contractor shall perform a comprehensive validation of the designer’s cost estimate, citing specific areas with questionable basis. Where applicable, the Contractor shall assess compliance with programming approval documents and applicable program approval thresholds.
- Assist in the development of various project management tools to include Project Management Plans, Construction Management Documents, and all required enterprise business system data entry for assigned projects. This includes, assisting in the creation of contract document packages required for the award of construction projects to include: project folder, liquidated damages, green procurement, quality assurance plan, nomination form for quality assurance representative, funding documents and period of performance.
- Assist the Government by providing project management, project oversight, technical advice, and quality assurance services for projects. The Contractor shall not perform any inherently governmental activities, nor represent the Government for contracting purposes.
- Assist government personnel to perform QA/QC oversight of project field activities.
- Review project field activities to ensure compliance with Air Force, regulatory, and project-specific procedures and the resulting data collected are technically defensible. Assistance shall include site visits, documentation, photographs, daily surveillance log, and reports of immediate health and safety hazards observed.
- Participate in planning/design charrette activity; review/ oversight of Contractor work in progress; and quality assurance/quality control. The Contractor shall perform a comprehensive technical review of contract submittals, requests for information, change order requests, or other real-time interaction with a design or construction contractor.
- Assist in the coordination of and attend, all project development meetings, contract review meetings, pre-construction meetings, site visits, and other pertinent meetings to coordinate information with installation activities.
- Develop briefings in support of project and meeting requirements.
- Tier 1 level security investigation required
- ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of related experience required
- Professional registration/license desired
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, BUILDER (desired), TRIRIGA (desired), E4Clicks or equivalent, and familiarity w/ RSMeans at a minimum.
- NEXGEN experience is desired. If no experience, the Contractor must be willing to learn and utilize the NEXGEN database in the performance of assigned duties.