Project Engineer - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Provide overall project management following Nutrien’s Project Management Process from scope development to startup
- Work with and coordinate efforts among Nutrien facility personnel, various skilled trades and 3rd-party contractors to achieve project design intentions
- Assure that project work is carried out in a safe manner, on time, and within budget while ensuring that all applicable technical requirements of Nutrien’s Distribution Terminals are met
- Support the implementation of PSM and MOC standards at Nutrien’s terminals
- Apply engineering knowledge, skills, tools, experience, and techniques to project activities to meet or exceed stakeholder needs, objectives, and expectations
- Ensure successful completion of projects in accordance with established Nutrien procedures, standards, and policies
- Provide technical support based on sound engineering principals and recognized industry standards
- Manage and control projects to ensure that objectives are met in an economical and timely manner, and that quality control requirements are either developed or met as required
- Work with contractors and Designated Safety Representatives to ensure safe field execution and adherence to Nutrien’s Life Critical Standards
- Act as liaison between terminal personnel, technical groups and outside contractors
- Ability to coordinate meeting and travel schedules according to project and Distribution requirements and timelines
What you will bring:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s of Science (or Bachelors of Engineering) degree; Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- Must have a minimum of 8 years engineering, maintenance, project, and/or operations experience at a chemical processing facility or a heavy industrial site
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Environmental, Health, and Safety issues (OSHA – PSM regulation) in the chemical/fertilizer industry, P&ID and technical drawing knowledge and application, and use of SAP business computer platform (materials procurement, project cost tracking, etc.)
- Must have capabilities and learning aptitude in the use of advance computer methods of data collection, data analysis, and engineering/construction progress reporting
- have excellent communication and analytical skills applying an understanding and knowledge of the overall operation of distribution terminals
- Applicants who have been in their current position for less than 18 months will require their manager's approval to apply
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran