San Juan Construction – Project Engineer- Marshall Islands
San Juan Construction, Inc., an employee owed company, is recognized by Engineering News Record as one of the 'Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad', is a multi-disciplined construction company with an extensive resume and over 20 years experience managing commercial and government construction projects throughout the continental U.S., Hawaii, Pacific and Indian Ocean locations.
San Juan Construction, Inc. s success depends in large measure on the talents of our employees both in the field and in the Montrose, Colorado, office. We have many employees who have been part of the San Juan Construction family for more than 10 years. We believe the loyalty and commitment of our employees stems from our organization's core values and the benefits derived from being a part of San Juan Construction's world-class team. We offer an excellent working environment, highly competitive wages, and excellent benefits.
Overseas position located on Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
Project Engineer interacts with QC, Safety and Superintendent to assist planning work activities per contract documents and quantifying productivity.
- Ensure preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, statements, reports, RFI's and invoices.
- Assists Quality Control Technician and Subcontractor supervisor with monitoring subcontractor cost and issuance of back charges.
- Track project expenditures.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendents with monthly reports.
- Assist with maintaining project budgets.
- Coordinates the flow of technical engineering and construction documents (requisitions, contractor submittals, drawings, and specifications) between project site, Technical Services team, Procurement, Logistics, Accounts Payable and other related support groups.
- Establishes and ensures maintenance of data distribution systems and schedules.
- Establishes and ensures maintenance of files and computerized indexes for engineering documents
- Prepares transmittals for engineering documents and requisitions.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of submittal and correspondence logs, track and status submittals, etc.
- Prepare and submit contractor's production reports and RFI's daily to client.
- Assist Project Manager with schedule updates.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by supervisor.
|Job Requirements: |
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational requirements include: 4 year Civil Engineering Degree
- Experience working on a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project(s) (Preferred)
- Strong MS Office Skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of standard accounting procedures, purchasing and receiving procedures, cost control, and office administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad, P6 Scheduling and Blue Beam.
- Familiar with EM3851-1 and AHA
Physically, workers must be able to Climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, ladders and scissors lifts; Reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials; Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds; Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see well (either naturally or with correction). Per contract requirements on Kwajalein, worker must be able to pass a DOT Physical. Additionally, worker must be cleared by a physician to perform the above noted essential job functions with or without an accommodation on the remote island of Kwajalein where limited medical facilities are available.