Seeking a Senior Project Engineer to lead project team on all technical belongings within field of specialization: manages the technical design of complete plants and approves deliverables of designs: may work on more complex projects whereas the Project Manager will have ordering authority.
- Be the technical expert and support the team in all project related questions.
- Approves deliverable for design.
- Leads preparation of documentation for the installation processes and prepares work packages for other locations if needed.
- Participates or leads internal and external project reviews or project meetings and organizes and participates in design reviews.
- Prepares all necessary project execution specifications/documentation for purchase orders and ensures timely submission of purchase orders.
- Resolves issues and answers questions that may occur during the design, manufacturing, installation and/or commissioning phase of projects; may escalate complex questions and issues to leadership personnel for resolution or guidance.
- Ensures internal prevention and detection controls are in place that addresses potential business risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement with respect to design and installation.
- Tracks project schedules to ensure tasks are completed on time and in totality.
- Manages assigned budget, including cost and quality of subcontracted design services.
- May implement new engineering tools, processes and guidelines as needed per project or per customer specifications.
- Provides technical support for claims and deviation management as needed; uses CAQ system to track deviations
- Domestic and international travel 10% time
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in mechanical, electrical or automation engineering or related field with 5 years of experience in a lead project engineering role; or a combination of education and experience.
- Excellent skills/knowledge of 3rd party engineering tools (e.g. AutoCAD, E-Plan, Ruplan, etc.) and SAP
- Proven project management and leadership experience
- Assertiveness, conflict-resolution ability as well as decision-making skills
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- MS Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project
- Experience in the food industry and / or with capital equipment preferred