The project engineer assists the project manager in facilitating and controlling the flow of information on the project. The PE's role, as with all project management, is to support and facilitate field operations. This includes monitoring and controlling contracts, submittals, construction documents, and the like.
The client is a established general contractor with a pipeline of diverse commercial projects. They are looking for a experienced ground up Project Engineer that is looking for a long term opportunity with $20MM+ projects.
- Plans & directs communications with direct supervision of senior staff. Including, creating, tracking, and posting RFIs, tracking and posting drawing revisions, recording & distributing meeting minutes
- Creates and maintains logs & registers, including but not limited to submittal log, RFI log, drawing revision log, procurement log, and delay logs, with direct supervision of senior staff
- Receives, reviews and routes all submittals in compliance with contract documents with direct supervision from senior staff.
- Assists with scheduling including identifying project milestones, creating supplemental schedules, including submittal and materials delivery, and performing updates with direct supervision of senior staff
- Tracks materials procurement and coordinates on time materials delivery
- Reviews and adjusts quality control plan to project specifics with direct supervision of senior staff
- Performs quality control inspections in concert with senior staff including Superintendent.
- Monitors and completes quality control documentation with direct supervision of senior staff
- Spends a minimum of 2-3 hours per day onsite with Superintendent reviewing the building process, including reviewing details, checking installations, and documenting progress
- Takes, at minimum, weekly progress photos (preferably 2-3 times per week)
- Creates rough draft of weekly executive summary for review by senior staff
- Facilitates close out process including, gathering warranties, O&M Manuals, and posting record drawings
- Assists superintendent in the creation and execution of both internal and external punch/completion lists
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Assistant Project Manager on Ground Up Commercial projects $15MM+
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Science
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Superintendent
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
- Vehicle allowance/company vehicle
- Gas Card