Project Engineer Santa Cruz, CA�
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
General Job Description: General Description and primary responsibility: Reporting directly to the Service Project Manager and/or the Service Sales Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.�
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?�
- Survey existing buildings (for retrofits);
- Identify opportunities for improvement and gather data regarding energy use, building functions, and structural characteristics.
- Complete preliminary designs, review proposal data, and review costs with Purchasing.
- Coordinate install procedures with Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders to support work in progress.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external contacts to achieve mutual objectives.
- When needed, travel to job sites to leverage your design expertise and provide a hands-on capacity to solve emergent problems. Customers may rely on you to show energy performance data.
- Manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Service Project Manager or the Service Sales Manager.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?�
- Bachelor�s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Construction Management OR equivalent experience with HVAC systems
- HealthCare/OSHPD experience preferred
- Organized and great at managing time
- Excellent oral and written communications
- High sense of integrity
- Practical understanding of mechanical systems
- Bachelor�s degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent experience with HVAC systems
- Desire to service customers
- Successful sales experience or proven top performer with the ability to set and exceed goals
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, teaming, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
Professional level for the following:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Effective Communication
- Work Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Service
- Business Knowledge
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
This individual must be a responsible person and regular attendance is required.� This is a non-exempt position Monday through Friday and depending on the current need of the department, the shift will be either 7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 8:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm, with one hour lunch. Eight hours per day is required and other occasional overtime may be necessary.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU? ������������
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.