Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install cathodic protection systems. For more information, visit www.corrpro.com.
Corrpro is seeking a dynamic Construction Project Engineer to be responsible for providing technical support to the Operations Team on the project in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Review submittals and shop drawings, ensure on time material deliveries and maintain document control (RFIs, change orders, as-builts, etc.) to ensure effective material procurement to maintain schedule and budget.
- Participate on bid teams by performing quantity-take offs, preparing bid packages and performing subcontract/supplier outreach.
- Assist with the preparation and running of weekly subcontractor and Owner coordination meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Participate in all aspects of safety on the jobsite including safety meetings, safety walks, weekly safety audits,
- Maintain quality control documentation and facilitate and/or participate in preparatory meetings, initial Inspections and follow-up
- Explores the project’s theoretical, mechanical and logistical implementations and provides analysis to safely and efficiently complete project tasks
- Devise an overall execution plan for the proposed project considering all relevant abstract data such as; blueprint drawings, estimated cost, feasibility, turnaround logistics, structural longevity, performance assessments, and resources available to complete assigned task
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering and design
- When applicable, works directly with Client and / or Sub-Contracted services for preparation and drafting of designs, verifies accuracy of designs, schematics, product specifications, operations and other documentation necessary to facilitate project completion.
- Determines possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction process by review project drawings. Analyzes the process to determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggests preventative steps for correction
- Provides Estimating, Sales and Marketing Departments with project expectations including financial and manpower requirement for assigned task.
- Prepares and/or reviews engineering change requests from customer; discusses feasibility with Operations, Quality Control and Safety Departments; develops and oversees preparation and implementation of all engineering change notices and document change control.
- Prepares monthly invoices, responsible for tracking project monthly billings.
- Responsible for the research and development of new techniques, tools, methods, or components to enhance or improve existing services.
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of three to five years of construction industry experience, required
- Knowledge of cathodic protection systems, highly preferred
- Knowledge of construction techniques, estimating and field support, required
- Knowledge of construction management and inspection
- Knowledge of California Prevailing Wage, a definite plus
- Experience with Primavera P6, SAP, and other Project Controls tools
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, Access
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret very complex documents
- Ability to consolidate and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to effectively present information to Project Team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits - Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Quarterly Bonus Potential, 14 days Paid Time Off and 8 paid Holidays per year, Tuition Assistance, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.