Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is searching for a Project Engineer to support environmental remediation and construction projects for our Environmental Construction office in Seattle, WA. If you have recently earned a Civil or Environmental Engineering degree and have more than 2 years of work experience performing environmental consulting and remediation work, we encourage you to apply for this position.
We are dedicated to providing our employees the opportunity to advance their careers and seek people who are highly motivated to succeed. Wood is a leading consulting firm providing engineering, environmental, and remedial construction services to private and public clients worldwide, with approximately 350 offices nationwide. From concept to construction, and compliance to cost management, Wood's engineering and science professionals assist our clients achieve success by developing and implementing cost-effective and results-driven strategies while emphasizing safety and quality. The candidate should also have the desire and skills to assist with business development efforts in a nationwide remediation market.
- Prepare engineering plans and documents for remediation and construction projects
- Prepare and implement site Health and Safety Plans
- Provide field quality control supervision and oversee remediation contractors to evaluate construction quality and compliance with design drawings and specifications; collect samples and data during construction from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Collect environmental data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of investigation and engineering reports including work plans and summaries, data summaries, summary tables, figures, charts, drawings and specifications, and report text
- Support preparation of proposals for existing and prospective clients
- Assist Project Manager and team with ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, or related technical field
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour training desired
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Strong writing skills
- Very effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in potentially contentious situations
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail as well as a track record of producing quality work products
- Experience performing independent analyses and problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Flexibility to travel and support projects at remote site
- Must pass drug screening, background check, and physical exam
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with Company’s driving policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.