Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Project Engineer - Spine Fixation
How you'll make a difference?
Support one or multiple projects within the product development group delivering innovative solutions to clinical problems. Support the development team members including surgeon consultants and internal team members. Conform to company quality and compliance policies while maintaining a high quality of work.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Design and development of innovation spinal implants and instruments.
- Manage all aspects of communication with cross-functional groups
- Maintain surgeon involvement
- Report program status to management
- Properly follow standard drafting principles
- Prepare testing protocols and reports
- Prepare and present technical reports/presentations
- Participate and direct design review meetings
- View surgical procedures in operating rooms
- Support industry trade shows
- Support filed questions related to Orthofix products when necessary
- Familiarity with FDA/ISO Design Controls, GMPs, Bloodbourne Pathogen and Hospital Protocol preferred
What skills you'll need?
- 3-6 years of experience.
- Expert in modeling and drafting in CAD (Solidworks experience a plus)
- Experienced in principles and application of linear FEA
- Understanding of principles and application of GD&T
- General knowledge of medical materials; i.e. titanium alloys, stainless steels, etc.
- General knowledge of machining practices as it relates to design for manufacturability
- Exceptional time management skills
Non-essentials Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Responsible for projects budgeted up to $250,000
- No immediate direct reports
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 50 lbs. daily.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.