The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Project Engineer we are looking for will be involved in a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to: creation of client and owner pay applications, review and submission of submittals and RFI’s, compiling project O&M manuals, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor bids and assisting project staff with various construction tasks. The individual must be self-motivated and willing to learn.
More specific details are described below.
Provide overall project engineering for one or possibly multiple projects; provide assistance and support to the project manager and team staff. Project Engineers are responsible for assisting in delivering outstanding professional services on assigned projects. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective execution of selected assignments.
- Maintain job files and as-builts.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all job meetings
- Solicit pricing for and prepare subcontract and owner change orders.
- Develop and maintain project schedule with project manager and superintendent input.
- Prepare owner pay applications with project manager input
- Manage project close-out documentation and O&M manuals.
- Assist superintendent with punch list process.
- Analyze and resolve construction field issues.
- Manage the submittal and RFI processes.
- Maintain up to date as-builts.
- Manage all project vendors.
- Manage certified payrolls.
- Maintain all project logs.
- Prepare detailed reports of project status.
- Investigate and analyze surety performance and payment claims.
- Be able to communicate effectively via phone and in writing with all parties involved in selected assignments including clients, project staff, subcontractors and owners.
- Insure that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Travel as required to fulfill position and project responsibilities.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management or engineering).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast moving environment. Must be able to work somewhat independently and ask questions and seek out information if needed to complete assigned tasks. Must be willing to learn.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling. A basic knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred and knowledge of Primavera is a plus.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11