Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 500+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward—advancing the whole community today and well into the future.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
The Transportation Project Engineer works independently or as a member of a design team performing road design tasks for Local, County and MDOT projects out of the Livonia office. This individual works directly for the Project Manager.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of data and preparation of satisfactory road designs.
- Perform design calculations and conduct investigative analysis toward completion of assigned tasks.
- Develop and prepare design specifications
- Perform project quantity estimates
- Detailing drawings and checking calculations
- Organize scheduling of specific assigned tasks and assignments
- Understanding OHM services and how they relate to the client's organization and needs.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors’ Transportation Group, you will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to continually advance the communities we serve.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field required with a focus on Transportation
- PE is required
- Experience working in AutoCAD and /or Microstation
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite
- Have 4+ years experience in the development of road design plans
- Excellent communication skills, good organizational skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to grow our Transportation Team in Livonia.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn’t just for our clients. We’re committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you’ll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there’s not just cool work on big projects. You’ll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 4 year(s): Development of road design plans
- Bachelors or better in Civil Engineering or related field
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Prof. Engineering License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description