The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
Virginia Sign & Lighting (Division of The Lane Construction Corporation) is currently seeking a qualified Project Engineer. They are responsible for all routine on-site project administration, scheduling and engineering. Plans, coordinates, and manages on-site construction engineering activities and schedules and communicates with subcontractors. Prepares monthly pay estimates and updates the Project CPM schedule. Prepares, coordinates and updates job budgets, change orders and cost reports for Project and District Manager’s review and approval.
- Review subcontractor pay estimates prior to management’s approval
- Review the owner’s pay estimate prior to management’s approval
- Supervise cost report management and lead regular review meetings
- Supervise project CPM management and lead regular review meetings
- Manage project document control system
- Identify issues early and work to develop solutions
- Prepare all required information for presentation at project reviews
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- ITS/Electrical experience preferred
- Transportation construction, specifically Signage, Lighting or Traffic Systems
- Must have prior Heavy/Highway experience on projects over $20 Million
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in heavy/highway construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.