Brighter futures start here. BrightView isthe largest and most experienced landscape construction and services provider in the country. Within BrightView lives the BrightView Landscape Development Pools and Water Features Division. BrightView has been constructing pools and water features since 2002. This business began locally in Las Vegas and rapidly began to branch out to other states. Our Pools and Water Features Division has grown to meet the demands of high-profile resorts, complex corporate campuses and large scale commercial water projects throughout North America. In addition to construction services, we also have the capability to work with our clients during the early development stages of a project to ensure the concept they are pursuing will become the final design they have envisioned.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking aProject Estimator to work within our Pools and Water Features Division. This position will work with our estimating, pre-construction and operations departments in a fast-paced team environment.
What you'll do:
- Work on complex estimates for large pool and water feature projects.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications, and conditions to determine scope and risk of projects.
- Evaluate bid documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Compile RFP packages for subcontractors including the creation of scope of work documents, drawing lists and relevant specifications.
- Develop and maintain key subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Perform quantity takeoff for site work, concrete, piping and equipment. Electrical experience a plus.
- Apply production units to takeoff quantities to determine labor.
- Obtain material and process equipment quotes according to technical specifications.
- Schedule estimated rental equipment needs and price accordingly.
- Determine and apply indirect and general condition costs to support the needs of the project.
- Able to determine qualifications, clarifications and exceptions for complex bid proposals.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and de scope meetings as needed.
- Perform quantity analysis, cost analysis, labor estimates and subcontractor pricing comparisons.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant estimating software applications and assist in designing reports and systems to support department needs.
- Participate in design-build projects and be able to provide budgetary estimates or ROM pricing.
- Create a project schedule utilizing bid documents and operations input.
- Schedule pre-bid kickoff and estimate review meetings and present information to team.
- Develop bid strategy in relation to bid competition, project execution and site logistics.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of bid estimates.
- Support the overall goals and objectives of the local and regional teams.
Skills we're seeking:
- 5years of experience in estimating, pre-construction or related field.
- Experience with pools and water features preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High Proficiency with software such as:Excel, Bluebeam, Navisworks, etc.
- Experience with On-Screen-Takeoff (OST), MS Project/P6 and HCSS or similar a plus.
- Degree in engineering, construction management or related field preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.