Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking aProject Estimator tojoin ourBrightView Landscape Development team.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and run the weekly Sales and Estimating Meeting; review bid schedule with Branch Manager, Project Estimating Team and Business Developer
- Attend all Pre-Job ‘Turnover- Kickoff” meetings with other Departments.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings with other Middle Managers.
- Work on multiple projects; perform multi-tasking and planning for future.
- Participate in all Design Build projects and be able to provide Budget Estimate or ROM.
- Leading and developing a team of Project Estimators.
- Utilizing standard estimate computer software to present information to management
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Perform takeoff, spreadsheet input; analyze plans, specs, construction notes and details.
- Prepare cost analysis recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Perform quantity analysis, cost analysis, labor estimates & subcontractor pricing
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, make an estimate.
- Preparing routine estimates in partnership with the Branch Manager and the head of Pre-construction.
- Review estimate with estimators for completeness and accuracy from start to finish and close out job on time.
- Put scope letter with qualifications and exclusions of each specific project.
- Evaluate Project Documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Maintaining current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Analyze and strategize bids, competitors, margin, and bid closure.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Support the overall goals and objectives of the local and regional teams.
Skills we're seeking:
- Minimum of 3-5yearsexperience in estimating or pre-construction
- Understanding and knowledge ofwithOn-Screen-Takeoff (OST)andHCSS preferred
- A plus:Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture,Landscape Horticulture,Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A plus: working understanding of Microsoft Project or Primavera Construction Scheduling software.
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- A plus:Bilingual (Spanish)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.