The PGA of America is moving to Frisco, Texas – the "2018 Best Place to Live in America” - where it will anchor a 600-acre, mixed-use, golf-centric development, including the golf club, future Omni resort and PGA headquarters. Currently under construction, the golf club will feature two championship golf courses, a 10-hole short course, a two-acre putting course and a 37-acre practice facility. The future two-story clubhouse will offer golfers and guests alike a 19th hole restaurant, private dining on the second floor overlooking the fairways, upscale lounges and locker roomsand a golf shop designed to entice all levels of fans from PGA tournament players to weekend golfers and other enthusiasts.
The Project Foreman is responsible for assisting the golf course maintenance team in special projects that pertain to enhancing the golf course infrastructure, making repairs to existing infrastructure and enhancing golf course aesthetics and playability. This individual will be responsible for leading small crews at times and should possess good leadership skills. Experience in operation of diverse construction equipment, knowledge and experience in golf course construction is a must. This individual will report directly to the Managing Superintendent of Golf Courses and Grounds and will be responsible for supporting and working with the East and West Golf Course Superintendents.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance activities associated with resort grounds areas, including weeding, pest control, and care of all interior and exterior plant life.
- Plans, directs and organizes Grounds staff in landscape installation and maintenance procedures to ensure high quality presentation of the resort’s public areas.
- Develops work schedules, work assignments and inspects ongoing and completed projects to ensure quality standards are met.
- Directs and establishes guidelines for weed control program.
- Oversees training and certification of grounds crew.
- Participates in development of annual business plan and maintains financial controls within scope of responsibility.
- Makes purchasing decisions and orders products to assure grounds has necessary tools to perform their function.
- Conducts daily walk-thru and meetings to ensure grounds condition is maintained at appropriate levels.
- Ensure staff receives appropriate safety training.
- Commitment to creating and embracing facilities overall mission and vision
- Proven history of managing and working within golf course construction
- Agronomic knowledge and know-how
- Good communicator who can work within a diverse team and environment
- Strategic partner with the Managing Superintendent of Golf Courses and Grounds and Superintendents
- Understands current golf course construction methodologies and current advances within the golf course industry
- Implements, conducts and enforces comprehensive safety programs while working
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly efficient and self-motivated
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to stand up to 60 minutes per hour worked.
- Must be able to walk, climb, bend/stoop, overhead reach, hand/eye coordination, arm/hand movement up to 30 minutes per hour worked.
- Must be able to lift over 40 pounds horizontal, overhead, floor to waist, grasping/holding, pushing/pulling, and carrying.
- Associate of Science of B.S from college or university or equivalent experience for a minimum of a year
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.