The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. May be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time. Maximizes project profitability and promote the company objectives and goals. Achieves quality and safety standards and meets owner expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare all subcontract scopes, exhibits, project budgets and unit cost reports. Also read and understand all owner contract requirements.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
- Conduct project start up meetings.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project's budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Track all subcontractor and vendor invoices for timely payment. Controls and coordinates the payment of job costs based on document review and approval.
- Track and coordinate all submittals and change orders through to completion.
- Attends and conducts weekly owner/architect/contractor coordination meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interacts with Estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
- Establish good working relationships with team members, clients, owners and vendors.
- Monitors the project site for cost, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the project superintendent.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3+ years project management and construction experience
- Development experience with exposure in the counties of: Southern California Region.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in the field of construction management, business, engineering or related course study or equivalent years of experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced skills in Procore, Sage 100, Smartsheets, Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is combined sedentary/mobile, office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials (e.g. plans and specifications) and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Additionally, activity will require the ability to perform site visits during construction and to perform community turnover walks with the cities and/or counties. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment.
- Commercial Construction
- Hospitality Construction