BYD in Lancaster, CA seeks a qualified Project Manager for Heavy-Duty Electric Bus.
BYD is a global leader in the design, build, and deployment of heavy-duty electric buses. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles CA., BYD has facilities located around the globe. BYD is focused on building and delivering the highest quality and highest reliability heavy-duty electric buses in the world.
BYD is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the entire activities from pre-award of the contract to post-delivery of the heavy-duty electric buses in the United States. The candidate will be based at BYD Lancaster Plant.
This individual must be extremely organized with attention to detail, hardworking, and dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and timeliness in the industry. We are seeking a person who is highly professional, and who can work individually, as well as in a multi-functional team. The ideal candidate will have external customer-facing project management experience in a technical field such as automotive, electrical, or heavy-equipment manufacturing and/or commissioning.
Candidate must demonstrate the following to be considered:
- Oversee the project from pre-award of contracts to post-delivery of vehicles.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams at each stage of contracts.
- Review and track contracts, amendments, and change orders.
- Handle and release pricing information based on technical input and vendor communication.
- Familiar with the Heavy-Duty Vehicle project life cycle and lead the project from design, build to deployment.
- Oversee the scope of work and customer follow up.
- Be very clear of project milestones and accomplish on-time delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Handle project-related incentive plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management within a related or relevant industry.
- Technical degree / PMP certification preferred but not essential.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Database knowledge preferred.
- Fluent in Mandarin is a huge plus.