Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for Project Manager to work within one of our large clients in the Madison, WI area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Nathan Spencer at email@example.com if you're interested in learning more about this role!
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
- Negotiates resources.
- Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Generally manages a group of applications systems analysts.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Project Manager capabilities with 5-10 years of experience.
- 1+ year of Agile project management experience using Jira
- 6+ months of Agile release experience
- Capable of managing a project or subset of a project with up to ten (10) staff.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178