Requisition ID: 34311
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is currently seeking candidates for a Project Manager - Advanced Development Process (ADP) to join our Kitchen team in Benton Harbor, MI. This position will deliver the Project KPIs primarily focused on the consumer and technical gap learning and will work with cross functional teams such as Platforms, EES (Electronics & Electricals System), manufacturing, quality and marketing teams to deliver the project.
- Manages cross-functional teams to deliver new product development projects in regional and/or global scale, taking projects from original concept, till final implementation and project release.
- Takes ownership for project delivery results, influencing cross-functionally to ensure smooth transition of projects to business owners.
- Deeply understand and manages all processes and tools of Whirlpool Product Development (WPD), being a reference inside the organization related the product development system.
- Responsible for managing the project perspective of all knowledge areas: Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder Management.
- Leads the project team in all project phases, since initiation, passing through Planning, Control & Monitoring, Execution and Closure.
- Collect project requirements from all stakeholders, managing trade-offs to meet project goals.
- Properly use all the tools and processes defined by WPD Project leader is the voice of the project, the central point of contact that conducts project meetings, integration events, status reports and gate approvals in all levels of the organization.
- Manages risks, developing plans to avoid, mitigate, transfer, accept or explore them along with project team.
- Manage changes guiding the team to request, analyze impact and probability, and make the go/no go decisions on change.
- Registers, understand expectations, influences, reports project performance, collect and manage requirements of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years experience working in product development
- 3+ years' work experience as a project leader
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by PMI.
- Financial planning, analysis and capital investment management.
- Creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and manage cross functional team prioritizing issues and tracking details.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Social Media, Manager, Marketing Manager, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Management