Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
Our Aggreko Event Services (AES) group provides rental solutions to entertainment and event industry customers around the world. The Project Manager – AES is an integral part of the special events team that provides management of projects for premier events across North America and the Caribbean. The Project Manager will plan and coordinate these exciting events and can be home based anywhere in the contiguous United States but must be willing to travel extensively, up to 70%, and be away for extended periods of time.
Our Services Include:
- Movies & Television: From powering special effects and lighting to supplying cooling and heating requirements, Aggreko plays a vital role in movie production
- Sports: Aggreko power helps sports enthusiasts watch continuous live broadcasting of their favorite sporting events on their television or on location
- Touring & Concerts: Aggreko offers the entertainment industry an uninterrupted power and cooling package backstage for maximum impact on stage
- Corporate, Political & Social Events: Aggreko plays a lead role backstage - whether it’s high-profile weddings, fashion shows or product launches
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience: Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of related experience in project managing relevant large technical projects
- Experience working with generators, HVAC systems, and/or electrical distribution systems is a plus
- Experience in the heavy equipment rental industry is a plus
- Excellent customer skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Fair understanding of the technical applications of Aggreko products
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure to meet or exceed customer deadlines and expectations
- Computer skills using such software as word processing, spreadsheet, design and project management programs
You’re key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Schedule projects in logical steps and calculate the time required to meet deadlines and preserve margins
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and customers
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate methods
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to job sites
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the installation, maintenance, and teardown of jobs
- Confer with supervisory personnel, customers, and co-workers to discuss and resolve issues
- Provide pricing estimates and Change Orders to customers for adjustments to resolve issues during the job’s execution
- Direct and supervise workers during the job’s installation, maintenance, and teardown
- Customer Service attitude with the clients and within the Aggreko service center network
- Ensure that all company policies are followed on jobsites
Additional Job Junctions:
- Prepare shipping documents to send equipment and materials to Aggreko locations
- Verify equipment counts versus Bill of Ladings to and from jobsites Safety on jobsites
- Assisting with inventory verification at AES storage locations
- Operation of heavy equipment such as forklifts or man lifts
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds, but in no case, lift over 110 pounds without assistance.
The regular work environment is a mix of an office setting with conditions typical of an office, and outdoors on event jobsites where conditions may vary with the climate and location. The work environment usually has a quiet to moderate noise level, but loud noises may be present on certain types of event projects. You may be asked or required to work outside of regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
- Paid leave (vacation, personal)
- 401K plan with company match
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.