Sr. Project Manager Pharmaceutical Industry AP9320783 (JN)
New Haven, CT
The Project Manager contractor will lead the cross-functional implementation team for a new time tracking tool that will also be leveraged to improve R&D tax credit calculations, intercompany cross-charges and time-off request/approval. This is a multi-wave implementation, with the first roll-out targeted for 2019 year-end for US R&D employees. The cross-functional team will consist of business partners from R&D, HR, Finance and IT, and two external partners. The PM will be accountable for developing and managing the integrated project plan and managing the team to deliver project milestones on time and with high-quality. The PM will need to be an effective leader across internal and external partners, ensuring 1) integration and oversight of internal partner’s requirements and deliverables, 2) integration and oversight of external partners’ deliverables, and 3) effective stakeholder and communication management.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of experience managing development projects and/or implementing new initiatives/business processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships to successfully operate in a highly matrix-based organization while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Solution based, creative thinker with strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Track record of achievement and delivering individual and team goals.
- PMP certification a plus
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in scientific/technical discipline or business/finance
- MBA or other equivalent post graduate degree is preferred