Bring your passion and experience to HGA and collaborate with our industry thought leaders in design, sustainability and architectural innovation! We are looking for an individual experienced in actively directing project teams, looking to take a leadership role in building long-term strategic relationships. HGA is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, driven and creative Project Manager to join our ACE (Arts, Community and Education) group working in Santa Monica, advancing HGA’s commitment to innovation and design excellence.
The position requires excellent communication, time management and technical skills as you will work closely with Principals, Senior Designers, Project Architects and other Project Managers developing unique and complex design concepts responding to the client's needs and deadlines. Depending on project type and scope, you must be able to determine the right amount of effort needed to generate mid- to high-level documents in an efficient and timely manner. You will also have multiple opportunities for client interaction and will help our team maintain a commitment to design and quality for all types of projects.
- Collaborates with Principal in evaluation of project requirements and helps to negotiate an acceptable owner-architect agreement including the fee and time schedule.
- Demonstrates task-focused mastery of project scope, profitability, schedule and budget. Completes projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Negotiates critical issues with top-level architects, engineers and officials of other organizations and firms.
- Utilizes experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
- Develops discipline cost and work-hour budgets for each project and monitors project costs, completion status against budget schedules/timelines.
- Oversees all correspondence and pertinent documents, making sure they are accurate, signs or obtains signatures and seeks legal counsel as appropriate
- Coordinates review and evaluation of contractor bids and works with Principal so that award recommendation can be submitted to owner
- Provides day-to-day leadership in the absence of and as delegated by the Principal and/or Practice Group Leader keeping lines of communication open with all office management leaders and assists with preparation of client billings prior to submittal for signature.
- Collaborates with Practice Group Leader as requested in the marketing of projects including development of proposals and possible participation in client interviews
- Sets an example for team effort through the spirit of cooperation while directing, organizing and mentoring junior staff.
Successful candidates will be registered architects with 10 – 15 years of professional experience honed on increasingly more complex projects. Candidates will have experience with variety of California higher education facilities and Division of State Architect. Candidates will have shown demonstrated skill in working on multiple smaller-sized, challenging projects simultaneously, possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communicate clearly with team members and clients and be ready to expand their technical skills into budget oversight and management of project delivery. LEED accreditation preferred, and experience with LEED, Evidence-based design and design build a plus. Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software as well as expertise with Project Manager software and Microsoft Office products is needed.
If you're interested in joining our team, please click APPLY above and submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio.