The Project Manager is responsible for the administrative duties of projects, providing field oversight and assistance, preparing estimates, marketing the company, and selling jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following
- Negotiates contracts for owners and subcontractors.
- Completes a job start-up summary to be input into the accounting system.
- Pulls permits required by municipality. Contacts building department to discuss items unique to the project and any code issues.
- Produces change orders and invoices.
- Qualifies and contacts subcontractors to bid specific trade items if required to do so. Sets date for subcontractors to submit bids.
- Creates project budgets and budget adjustments, as well as RFI's, and schedules.
- Oversees quality control throughout the length of the project.
- Oversees superintendent who examines and inspects work progress and construction site safety to verify safety and design specifications are met.
- Manages safety issues and code compliance.
- Obtains plans and specifications from owners/architect if appropriate. Reviews specs and plans prior to job walk to become familiar with the scope of work to be bid, including alterations.
- Schedules appointments to inspect site, taking notes, videos, take-offs and photographs as needed.
- Reviews repair plans and develops scope of work.
- Prepares the estimate for review by others (as requested by Branch Manager).
- Works with marketing employees to sell jobs.
- Meets regularly with manager to review progress of ongoing jobs and discuss decisions outside of his/her authority/control.
- Reads and interprets specifications and plans to determine construction requirements and plan procedures.
- Examines and inspects work progress and construction site to verify safety and design specifications are met.
- Meets with subcontractors to ensure satisfactory job progress.
- Records information such as personnel, production and operation data on specified forms and reports.
- Conducts and participates in safety meetings; wears all proper personal protective equipment.
- Works as a team with other Company employees and subcontractors.
- Performs duties above efficiently and effectively and in a workmanlike manner.
- Performs duties not otherwise stated above as directed by Branch Manager.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and in all seasons on weather.
- Be able to climb ladders and stairs to be able to inspect work at a height of over 6 feet.
- Be able to work more than 40 hours per week when required.
- Be able to drive for long period of time
- Be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer.
- Vision to read printed materials.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the phone.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS-Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Ability to prioritize, exercise sound judgment, and communicate with co-workers.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and construction safety laws.
- Ability to get along with others
Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in construction, or equivalent of work experience