Job Title:Project Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Engineering Manager
Required Education:BS or higher in an engineering-related discipline.
Work as a supervisory member of the Engineering team to assist all departments in producing a smooth, efficient flow of quality work through the company. This position requires someone with a proven track record for completing projects on time and on budget with little or no supervision, demonstrating good leadership skills, and working well with other departments.
- Experience in the automotive industry is required (3 years minimum).Experience with IATF 16949 and APQP is preferred.
- Experience with electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles, or batteries is preferred.
- Cursory experience in mechanical design principles & acceptable practices is required.
- Cursory experience in software development principles & acceptable practices is preferred.
General Responsibilities (90%)
- Be the primary liaison to the customer through the product development lifecycle.
- Create project feasibilities, to include project timelines and requirements documents.
- Oversee the writing of the project functional specification and manufacturing test requirements.
- Review and approve the project test plans (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
- Review and approve the project test reports (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
- Manage the project schedule and update accordingly.
- Manage the projects budget & monitor variances.
- Schedule and oversee design reviews (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
- Manage all project documentation to completion (including all subcomponents).
- Oversee the making of allprototype parts and assemblies.
- Assist in the production startup of products (interaction with other departments for completing prototypes and projects).
- Maintain documentation as required per Engineering Change Notices.
Miscellaneous Duties (10%)
- Help out in other work areas when requested by your supervisor.
- Maintain time records and project reports as required
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Travel: Occasional travel to customers and vendors, with possible overnight stays, may be required.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.