Title: Project Manager (Retail Construction and Development)
Location: downtown Chicago Loop
Location: downtown Chicago Loop
- Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, our client is a publicly traded National Retail company that is growing exponentially and currently has eight manufacturing facilities and are adding over 50 retail locations across the U.S.
- Named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- The main responsibilities for the Project Manager will be managing complex work activities across large, cross-functional teams - support program and stakeholder management of key initiatives and coordinate activities across the organization to ensure strategic initiatives are completed as per timelines and stated objectives.
- Produce and keep track of the project core documents (Development Tracking, Scheduling etc.), Designs and the Sourcing, Purchasing, Design of Fixture, Furniture and Equipment Packages.
- Working with Real Estate, Architects, Engineers, Manufacturing, Vendors, Accounting and General Contractors.
- Advise business leaders on how to leverage technology and retail operations to deliver and maximize benefits and return on investment for field teams – AND IMPLEMENT!
- Helping define and build the strategy and roadmap to scale their nationwide retail operation.
- Manage F.F.&E. (Furniture, fixtures and equipment) Vendor Scheduling, Purchasing and Sourcing as required.
- Manage, Coordinate, Track and Issue Purchase Orders, Contracts, Budgets, Change Orders and Invoicing.
- Manage the Prototype Document Library, Project Directories, Vendor Databases and Material Samples.
- Provide design support for Store Layouts, Signage, Fixtures and Props.
- Coordinate and Schedule the Signage, F.F.&E. etc. deliveries and installation requirements with the General Contractors.
- Management of Special Projects and Roll Outs as required.
- Obtain Purchase and Invoice approvals per designated roles and budget compliance.
- Issue and Procure Request for Proposals as required which includes Research, Qualification and Source General Contractors and Sub-contractors as requested per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Set-up and Manage Building Utilities and Services as required.
- Ensure required documentation for all subcontractors (Certificates of Insurance, Payment Policy Acknowledgement, W-9) is maintained in an organized, accurate, and complete state always.
- Execute Quantity take-offs and estimates.
- Attend project meetings and produce minutes.
- Provide communication to Team Members – Construction Department Liaison.
- For the Project Manager they are looking for someone that has a combination of both IT and retail construction experience.
- This individual needs to be comfortable working with General Contractors, Permit Processes and general Infrastructure (non-IT) of how retail space is setup up and ensure that the build/project is on time etc.
- Need to be experienced with Cabling (Low Volt / Structured Cabling)
- Previous experience managing retail store rollouts on a national basis. Our client currently has 20 retail locations that need to be done in the next 4 months and 40 more after that.
- Experience reading a blue prints and ceiling elevations etc…would be a plus.
- If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a fondness for learning, appreciate solving challenges, provide positive impact to the process and enjoy building a brand nationally then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
- Experienced with MS Project, Excel and SharePoint
- PMP Certification a plus