The Project Manager will be responsible for on site construction operations of various projects in Chicago. The Project Manager will need to communicate with fellow owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
My client is a Chicago local, full cycle Real Estate Owner/Builder that is seeking a qualified Project Manager to oversee a $250M mixed-use development including 700+ residential units, commercial retail, a grocery store, movie theater, and 2,000 concrete parking spaces.
Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Preconstruction responsibilities in partnership with the Development team & Acquisitions team for the feasibility phase for each project.
- The Project Manager/Construction Manager will have overall responsibility for onsite operations of the project including planning scheduling, meeting with contractors and reviewing all contracts to ensure compliance.
- Review/explain engineering and architectural plans to the construction site staff.
- Work with the Superintendent in partnership to review scope of work and prepare a detailed project schedule using Microsoft Project. Review and make modified changes to existing schedules for specific project requirements.
- Oversee and make the correct entries for all contracts, change orders and purchase order details into Project Cost Reports. Utilize information from Yardi to update reports on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with the project accounting staff to ensure all information is provided accurately, on time, and in accordance with compliance.
- Work with all vendors and departments regarding submittals, operation manuals, warranties and other required paper work for required project completion.
- Work in partnership with Property Management team to schedule building walks, delivery schedules, and confirmation of dates for occupancy.
- Ensure successful completion and turnover of projects.
A successful Project Manager candidate will:
- Bachelor's Degree is a requirement. Preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or relative field.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 2 years in multifamily or mixed-use construction is required.
- Ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Experience in ground up construction projects, ranging from $20M+.
- Full understanding and knowledge of construction cost accounting/budgeting systems.
The successful Project Manager candidate will receive:
- Competitive base salary + project based bonus & annual bonus
- Opportunity to invest in projects/properties
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Company vehicle + monthly auto allowance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- 401k Matching
- Covered medical, dental & vision
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 /year