VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
Responsible for the quality of engineering services and deliverables, client relations, financial performance of personnel and project teams, business development, contract management, invoicing, and collections. Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of his/her project teams to ensure that project objectives are accomplished. Establishes work plans and assigns personnel as appropriate for successful execution. Directs and coordinates the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, Designers and CADD Technicians to ensure that project schedules and budgets are met or bettered. Initiates, prepares, directs and reviews the preparation of proposals and SOQs. Participates in client/project interviews and presentations as appropriate. Maintains positive client relationships and is constantly seeking new client and project opportunities.
- Quality of service and deliverables.
- Client management
- Staff utilization
- Develop and/or implement communication protocols; internal and external
- Business development
- Budget development and management
- Service agreement management; scope and fee
- Invoicing and collections
- Financial performance; profitability of projects
- Conduct and manage the performance reviews of subordinates
- Effectively enlists the company’s career development program to the advantage of his/her personnel.
- Maintains appropriate personnel training opportunities that are consistent with the career development program, and prudent with respect to a consistent and high-quality service offering.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual business plans for the group/department.
- Able to solicit new clients and projects, and obtain repeat and referral business from existing clients.
- Provides and solicits innovative thought and actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 8 years of design experience and progressively increasing level of project and client responsibility.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of intermediate skill with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11