Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Ranked 30 th on Engineering News-Record's 2018 Top 500 Design firm list, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker International is currently seeking a Project Manager II for our Ocean Springs, MS office. The Project Manager will be involved with a variety of Civil Engineering projects to include drainage, utilities, coastal and aviation. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate successful management of all phases of the project including planning, design and construction management. You will have the opportunity to lead the administration of contracts and follow through with the construction of major and municipal public works undertakings.
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and supervise work for a staff of professionals and technicians, including subconsultants
- Schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering for mostly large scope Civil and construction projects
- May develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of Civil-related projects.
- Develops, assigns, and/or reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments
- Tracks overall financial performance of project/task assignment, which includes coordinating with management and operations to monitor performance of each project assigned
- Facilitate project decisions regarding technical approaches and strategies, issue resolution and solutions, cost and scheduling performance reviews
- Organize and motivate a small team of engineers and field staff
- Client-facing with ability to manage and expand our client base
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Mississippi
- 8-12 years of relevant Project Management experience in Civil Engineering
- Significant design experience and proficient with AutoCad
- Experienced with proposal development, client presentations and relationship development
- Good Communication Skills
- Demonstrated success in achieving scope, schedule, and budget goals on large-scale Civil projects
- Third party coordination management experience (such as public utilities, transit agencies, or other agencies having jurisdiction within a given client project corridor)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control compliance experience
- MDOT experience or knowledge preferred
- Experience with Construction and Design Build projects a plus