The Project Manager works with both Government and industry to deliver programs and projects based aligned with set goals and objectives of the NAMC and its customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of project solicitation from announcement to award, which might include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the Government customer
- Coordinating project changes with appropriate parties
- Creating and maintaining project information on the NAMC website
- Interfacing with Government and industry to answer questions
- Distributing Requests for Information (RFI) and coordinating responses
- Organizing virtual or in-person Industry Days as requested
- Maintaining documentation in compliance with company policies
- Receiving member proposal packages and coordinating compliance, evaluation and award execution with the Government
- Subcontract management to include performance of milestones and deliverables
- Tracking project costs against budgets
- Coordinating incremental funding actions with the contracts department
- Administrative tasks as required and/or at the request of NAMC leadership, such as:
- Reviewing and editing documents
- Creating presentations
- Special Projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and four or more years of directly relevant experience or equivalent combination required
- Defense experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects, often with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and organize and prioritize tasks according to shifting demands on time and resources
- Ability to maintain project schedules
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working as a team member engaged in tasks requiring teamwork and performance to schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must successfully pass a background screening to access sensitive information and automated systems.
- Must meet the definition of a U.S. Person upon hire due to the risk assessment of this position
- Self-starter who takes initiative to learn new information and skills along the way