Do you enjoy working with customers and managing projects? Do you have extensive knowledge about Injection Molding process and development? Then you need to apply for our open Project Management position.
Our client has been established over 30 years and is a leading plastics tooling and molding company in the medical field. Averaging 20 million in sales a year, they provide their clients with custom molding solutions for medical devices. They are located approximately 30 miles outside of Detroit, MI and employ 100 employees. The facility spans over two buildings and houses presses 28-400 ton molding presses. They offer a casual, yet professional work environment, with a collaborative work culture.
This company is growing and provides employees with professional growth and career advancement. Currently they are looking for qualified candidates to apply to their open Project Manager position.
Role of a Project Manager
Reporting directly to the President, you will be the primary contact between the customer and the company, through all phases of the project, ensuring that the project is running efficiently, on time, and in budget.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager:
- Evaluate customer validation/project requirements, i.e. print/CAD review with tooling, quality, and the customer to ensure capability.
- Analyze customer-supplied digital design data and provide feedback regarding manufacturability. Make recommendations for improving timing, cost, and quality of the launch
- Review program/validation proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding, and requirements prior to kickoff of project.
- Develop and oversee the scope of validations and projects.
- Work with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel interpreting requirements and providing technical support.
- Manages launches to the project timeline, ensuring all customer deliverables are achieved, and internal financial and production goals are met.
- Maintains timelines, open issues list and other customer required documentation.
- Assists in the timely closure of corrective actions; Assists in identifying the corrective action team; Develops and implements containment plans, temporary action and permanent actions as required.
- Works with external customers to develop quotes for new business opportunities. Manages all scope changes effectively and submits quotes for such changes
- Work with customers to understand project requirements and timelines, communicate concerns or questions about design or molding, provide customer with timely feedback on reaching project milestones, and exceed customer expectations with regard to service, cost, and delivery where reasonable.
- Use customer-provided drawings or specifications, to develop accurate and complete product specifications, purchased component specifications, assembly specifications, and bills of material for all new or transfer products.
- Act as lead for all teams/departments and facilitate communication with everyone involved in the projects.
- Establish priorities and goals for programs and validations.
- Ensure that the project resources are properly allocated to minimize waste and reduce cost.
- Track program/validation against its schedule, budget or quote, review objectives and report status to all team members on a regular basis and executive staff on a as needed basis.
- Review all project reports and validation packages to ensure that all requirements have been met and provide required metrics.
- Follow up on completed validations and projects to ensure all measurable requirements are satisfactory and sustainable
This position provides a strong benefit package including benefits of- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Short- and Long-Term Disability, paid time off; as well as a competitive salary.
Location: Clinton Township, MI
Required Experience for a Project Manager:
Injection Molding Project Management 5+ years
**Small parts molding experience**
About White Willow Staffing
Managed by a husband and wife team, we are focused on delivering a more personal service to our clients and candidates. We specialize in Robotics, Engineering, and Manufacturing positions across North America.