Our client is a well established and growing company in Rochester, NY. They provide extraordinary customer service while working in commercial construction to install a variety of items ranging from toilet partitions to folding walls to signs, lockers, and everything in-between.
The project manager collaborates with engineers, architects, and others to determine the specifications of a project and obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, all while negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
At times, you may need to assist and/or supervise an installer in the work field to aid the progression of a project in order to meet a deadline, solve a problem or to support a colleague.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met and customer satisfaction
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stock
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of the team and provide guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing other related tasks as needed
Skills / Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year of related experience managing construction-related projects
- High-level knowledge of carpentry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience negotiating contracts