SWP is looking for a Project General Manager with experience delegating up to 15 or more staff members. A successful Project General Manager will work directly with customers to ensure that deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to meet customer needs. This job description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Other duties may be assigned, and the company reserves the right to modify, interpret, and apply the job description as necessary. This job description is not a contract for employment.
Manages all employees at one or more project site (Superintendents, Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) and is responsible for the site's overall financial performance. Enforces Risk Management practices at all necessary levels. Typically oversees 15 or more employees and ensures that all employees are treated justly and professionally. Manages the performance management process at the local level communicates performance expectations, uses effective coaching and mentoring practices to accomplish the objectives, and constructively addresses performance problems. May oversee multiple offices and/or other PGM's and/or SSR's. Responsibilities include client interface, client satisfaction, contract administration, personnel administration, cost estimates, proposals, project financial management, subcontract agreements, project staffing, purchasing and schedules, enforcement of quality control and site safety, health, and substance abuse programs, developing and maintaining project records and project documentation, managing the data based management system, preparing reports and providing required input to corporate management.
· Meet with Contracting Officer (or representative) on regular basis to discuss project status, determine client satisfaction and take immediate action to respond to any problem areas.
· Manage the project in accordance with contract requirements and systems and procedures.
· Respond in a timely manner to all contract agreements, instructions, and inquiries from authorized government personnel.
· Enforce Quality Control Plan and implement Site Safety, Health, and Substance Abuse Programs.
· Attend pre-construction, progress and other project meetings; and provide minutes.
· Manage the management of delivery order execution in accordance with contract requirements and project management procedures.
· Attend pre-issuance site visits to determine existing conditions and client needs.
· Manage the development of detailed project scope of work to include Visio or AutoCad drawings, renderings, preliminary approximations of types of materials to be used and basic quantity counts.
It is the company’s policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience, so as to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected status. When applicable, the company’s policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force, and benefits. It is the company’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodation, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.