PROJECT MANAGER HVAC / PLUMBING
- Commercial Construction -
FULL TIME. SALARIED POSITION. IMMEDIATE START.
Alltek Energy Systems Inc. is a full scope HVAC & Plumbing contractor performing commercial work in the Capital District area of Albany NY, and surrounding counties for nearly 40 years. We have completed many projects over the years from small fit ups, to multi million-dollar HVAC & Plumbing contracts on the construction of new buildings and large renovations.
We have an opening for an experienced Project Manager who will plan, manage, and supervise a wide range of commercial HVAC & Plumbing projects from start to finish. The Project Manager must have the experience and ability to properly manage and oversee the projects to ensure they are completed within the industry standards, and in a timely and efficient manner. This position requires a Project Manager that has reliable experience in the commercial HVAC & Plumbing trades and has significant knowledge of the industry standards and requirements related to these scopes of work.
Project managers work at our main office located near Albany NY, in Waterford (Southern Saratoga County). The project manager will also be required to travel to job sites and necessary job meetings regularly as a requirement of their job responsibilities.
An experienced Project Manager must have an excellent understanding of all construction methodologies and procedures and must be able to complete the work with a team of employees that have different levels of experience and expertise. It is the Project Managers responsibility to ensure the project runs smoothly, the correct materials and equipment are delivered to the job site at the appropriate time, and the project manpower is scheduled correctly to achieve the best results and complete the project within the schedule and budget. The Project Manager must have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, each at differing stages of construction and completion. Project Managers must be able to multitask effectively and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and expectations. The best candidate for this position will be a good problem solver, with an analytical mind and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Job Responsibilities include (however are not limited to);
- Turnover meetings with estimators, to accept assignment of the projects, review the scope of work, understand the inclusions and exclusions in the scope, identify budget goals and determine the start and completion schedules of each project.
- Negotiate buy out and issue purchase orders to vendors, and subcontract agreements to subcontractors.
- Obtain project permits.
- Receive, review and process material and equipment submittals. Resolve discrepancies.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment rentals, and materials) from start to finish within budget.
- Coordinate manpower schedules with other Project Mangers.
- Mobilize each project, ensure proper safety protocols are followed, schedule necessary equipment and material and monitor material stocks and orders to ensure timely deliveries and resolve inadequacies.
- Provide foreman and installers with the necessary drawings, specs, submittals and project information to ensure proper installation.
- Coordinate shop fabrication of ductwork and materials.
- Ensure that field fabrication orders provide proper measurements, layout and necessary specs, as needed for fabrication shop.
- Plan all installations with foreman. Schedule necessary cranes, equipment deliveries and manpower to ensure safe and proper installations.
- Supervise the progress of the work, inspect the quality of workmanship and provide technical support and guidance when needed.
- Attend job meetings, coordinate work with CM, GC, and other trades.
- Recognize and identify changes in scope and deliverables, prepare, submit, and process change orders, maintain change order logs and ensure appropriate accounting of changes.
- Prepare project Schedule of values, prepare monthly billing, review job costs and monitor budget.
- Complete any punch list items timely, turnover on schedule, close-out project, provide warranty documents and O&M materials as needed per project.
- Ensure adherence to all safety standards, monitor and report issues.
- AAS degree related to the HVAC or Construction Industry or a minimum of 5 years of proven experience as an HVAC / Plumbing Project Manager.
- Excellent understanding of HVAC / Plumbing standards, equipment, and materials.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines, and construction safety standards.
- Experience with rigging and setting equipment.
- Proficient with MS Office and other IT.
- Familiarity with construction accounting, job cost, and project management software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership experience.
All QUALIFIED candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume for consideration.
Please take note that Project Mangers with more than 7 years of proven Project Management experience in this industry may qualify for a hiring bonus. Please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
This position is a full-time salaried position. Salary is based on education, and relative experience in the industry.
Alltek Energy Systems Inc. offers a variety of benefits, including paid holidays, vacation time, health insurance, Aflac, 401k and more.
Alltek Energy Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter & resume:
- At our office: M – F, 8am – 4pm : 58 Hudson River Rd Waterford, NY 12188
- Respond to this job post.