The Construction Project Manager leads multiple fast-paced telecommunication Small Cell and/or In-Building DAS Installation projects nationwide. This individual is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items pertaining to field installation activities. This person effectively schedules the work and assigns tasks to both internal and external crews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of assigned jobs, sites and crews
- Read, review and redline construction drawings as needed
- Act as the point of contact between crews, client personnel and subcontractors
- Provide on-site services with crews as needed for job completion and success
- Handle the daily management of each project and required action items
- Ensure that assigned workflow is being achieved and that tasks and milestones are being reached on time or ahead of schedule
- Ensure the successful completion of all project deliverables according to projections and client expectations.
- Schedule and manage crews, subcontractors and materials for delivery
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at all sites and with all crews and subs
- Organize and attend bid walks, negotiate with and direct subcontractors
- Provide bids, kitting lists, updated trackers to client as needed
- Work closely with personnel and clients to develop a successful team atmosphere
- Provide QC inspections on assigned projects
- Perform Field Surveys to verify scope of job
- Ensure all site-specific closeout documentation is complete, professional and submitted timely
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train/promote learning to personnel
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times
- Assist Project Manager with bidding jobs and projects
- Maintain daily paperwork required for jobs, sites and crews
- Identify project requirements, define project deliverables, manage project roles, determine and complete training requirements to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Work with internal resources and coordinate outside services and schedules to support nationwide projects and company objectives.
- Provide support and offer industry specific knowledge/experience based on the customer’s direction and needs.
- Create a clear execution plan with measurable milestones.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with the customer to ensure consistently high satisfaction levels.
- Continuously deliver outstanding/high quality service and problem resolution to ensure the organization is adhering to the high service levels expected by the customers
- Produce regular written project status reports and lead project team meetings as required by project.
- Manage scope creep though client change and internal change orders when applicable.
- Maintain effective relationship and communication with customer and project team members.
- Maintain proper client relations through effective communication and customer service while directly overseeing assigned projects
- Maintain the Project and Billing Trackers and ensure they are up-to-date and accurate
- Other duties as assigned
Field Installation Crews, assigned Administrative Support employees, vendors and subcontractors
Office work is sedentary that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting or standing for long periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity including close vision
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper)
- May be required occasionally to stoop or kneel
Field work requires the following:
- Ability to push, pull, bend, lift, and reach
- Ability to drive to and from sites
- Manual dexterity for manipulation of lock and chain
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel as well as other Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- May require regular trips to the site to monitor progress.
- This position could require travel and extended stays at site locations a required by project demands.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Must be able to read, comprehend and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
- Must be able to create materials list based on plans/scope of work, order and compile materials for crew in advance of deployment
- Ability to recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency.
- Ability to manage a specific project within a structured environment
- Construction skills that include civil scopes, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge
- Work as part of a team – be able to take direction and implement action
- Understand the installation of rack and cabinet based electronics and associated components
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management.
- General knowledge of general project accounting practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
- Proven ability to identify project impacting issues, able to work with Upper Management to develop and implement solutions.
- Strong understanding of wireless construction process and associated milestones.
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience pertaining but not limited to: Macro, DAS, Small Cell
- Minimum 5 years of general new site build construction experience, preferably with fiber and small cell sites
- Experience with construction management and leading crews in the wireless industry.
- Experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, and Project Schedules.
- Working experience with MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Google Earth and other database or tracking tools
- Electrical experience a plus