- Spearhead planning and project development upon award including systems, submittals, procurement, approvals, manpower and equipment.
- Develop a baseline schedule to plan work and identify impediments to meet project milestones.
- Identify major project challenges and develop solutions
- Anticipate and mitigate project risks
- Buy-out major vendors and sub-subcontractors and write strong purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Coordinate material procurement, fabrication and delivery to ensure materials are delivered to the site in a timely efficient effective manner
- Quarterback the support and input of estimating, engineering, fabrication, logistics and field operations departments to achieve project success
- Field measure and order materials
- Prepare and submit change orders
- Review monthly costs
- Ensure timely monthly billing to maximize cash flow
- Maintain strong proactive communication with customers and team members
- Wow our customers with communication and execution
- Track progress of projects against goals, milestones and budgets
- Complete projects on time and within budget.
- Positively represent company with vendors, architects, owners and general contractors
- Maintain written and photographic documentation of project progress and issues
- Oversee timely punchlist completion, change order resolution, and closeout delivery
- Earn repeat business
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years as a project manager
- General knowledge of curtainwalls, storefronts, entrances, panels and interior glazing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to read architectural drawings and understand shop drawings.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook necessary. MS Project, AutoCAD, Bluebeam and PlanGrid a benefit.
- Strong problem solving capacity
- Comfortable balancing details and the big picture
- Utilize a structured project delivery system
- No excuses management
- You own responsibility for your actions
- Positive, can-do attitude
- You strive for the best
- Self-confident in a team environment and not afraid to ask for help
Benefits and Compensation:
Salem Glass offers a competitive compensation package including, 401K retirement plan, health and dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, bi-annual performance bonuses, training, career advancement opportunities.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Salem Glass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.