About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As a Project Manager for the Controls Systems Integration (CSI) team, you will have overall responsibility to lead, develop and grow the Controls & Automation Business in the Seattle office, in accordance with the overall Vision of the office and the Western Region.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Convey a positive image of Design Group and support for the development of strong Culture consistent with the Guiding Principles of Leadership.
- Support our Leadership teams in securing engineering engagements with current and future Design Group clients, which includes proposal preparation, estimating, contract negotiation, order processing, and project set-up.
- Development and coaching of the individual professionals under his/her leadership, which includes one-on-one sessions, real time feedback, training, and Career Development discussions.
- Planning of project workload and staffing of projects to insure the proper execution of the work. Staffing strategy includes communication and coordination within the Western Region and Firm to effectively share resources.
- Technical project execution within the Controls & Automation group, which includes profit, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction. Technical scope will include hardware and panel design, PLC and HMI programming, SCADA, power distribution, and all associated project documentation.
- Leveraging firm wide Design Group standards and procedures for the execution of Controls & Automation projects. This includes participating on councils responsible for overseeing and adopting firm wide standards.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key client contacts.
- Strategic business planning and development of annual Vision plans for the Controls & Automation Group.
- Work with Design Group recruiting team to identify and hire professionals into the Controls & Automation Group.
- Quarterly reporting on performance of the Controls & Automation Group to the Seattle office Partner and the Regional Managing Partner.
- Insuring the proper use of company facilities including the physical plant and equipment.
- Working with finance to insure proper reporting of activities within the Controls & Automation Group.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in developing and providing automation solutions for the consumer products and/or industrial industries in the Seattle, WA market.
- Technical experience should include design of electrical control systems as well as automation programming for process applications.
- Experience should include a strong record of successful client interface.
- Rockwell hardware and software solutions experience is required.
- Experience with Siemens, Wonderware, and GE software/hardware is a plus.
- Candidates with experience in High Tech, food & beverage, pulp & paper or other industrial industries are preferred.
- Candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering is preferred, but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual experience.
- Travel will be required in customer development activities, installation and start-up support, Design Group management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.