Project Manager-Corporate Organization
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations, with a portfolio valued at €65.2 Bn as at December 31, 2018, of which 87% in retail, 6% in offices, 5% in convention & exhibition venues and 2% in services. Currently, the Group owns and operates 92 shopping centres, including 55 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Its centres welcome 1.2 billion visits per year. Present on 2 continents and in 12 countries, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield provides a unique platform for retailers and brand events, and offers an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers.
The US Project Manager/Organization Manager leads organization, performance optimization and transformation projects in Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield’s US organization. This position is based in the United States and is part of the US-based team of Group Organization.
Following the recent acquisition of Westfield by Unibail-Rodamco, the Project Manager/Organization Manager key focus area will be to follow up on the integration of the US organization into the URW group, leading organizational design, performance improvement and business transformation programs for the US business
The US Project Manager/Organization Manager reports to the US-based Group Senior Organization Manager. He/she will also work in close coordination with other members of the Group Organization Team.
The main responsibilities of the US Project Manager/Organization Manager includes:
Managing strategic and organizational projects for the US organization, including:
- Conducting detailed assessments of current operating model, identifying areas of opportunity and making recommendations to the US and Group leadership on go-forward model / strategy, leveraging the Group’s expertise and best practices
- Running the Project Management Office (PMO) for transverse business initiatives, structuring project governance, following up on progress, preparing executive meetings and workshops and defining change management programs
- Following up on integration-related activities, measuring organizational efficiency and productivity, ensuring employee adoption and reporting to US and Group leadership
- Supporting the office of the US President and other executives with ad-hoc transverse projects (strategy reviews, restructuring projects, performance improvement initiatives, etc.)
Skills / competencies:
- Outstanding analytical / problem-solving / synthesis skills
- Acquaintance with consulting / project management tools and methods
- Ability to partner with other departments and executives to understand their needs and provide relevant recommendations
- Ability to convince project stakeholders, be independent, and make sound business decisions
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to synthesize and explain complex problems to an executive audience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an international / intercultural environment
- 5+ years required, ideally in Consulting or Project Management roles
- Solid financial skills (understanding of P&L, impact of operational decisions, etc.)
- Experience in consulting or project management roles
- Undergraduate degree from top business / engineering school is required; MBA is a plus
- English (full professional proficiency)
- Other URW Group languages are valued
Given that the nature of the Group Organization function is to manage ad-hoc projects, the US Project Manager/Organization Manager may be asked to perform tasks and contribute to projects not included herein, but related to his/her expertise and competencies.
This position will be based out of the US Continental HQ in Los Angeles, CA. However, the nature of the project may require eventual business travel within the United States and occasionally to Europe.
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.