Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
The Project Manager position is a function within the real estate department. This person will be responsible for managing real estate and facilities initiatives related to pre-acquisition due diligence, merger and acquisition integration process, and other transformational business projects. They will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
This role will report directly to the Manager of Corporate Real Estate.
- Utilizes Smartsheet to manage the entire project lifecycle - initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing;
- Manages project scope, schedule, resources and escalates where appropriate;
- Develops and maintains project charter, project plan/schedule, critical paths, success metrics, risks, issues, and decisions points;
- Outlines and manages business and operational readiness activities, change management, communication and deployment plans, including transition to operations;
- Facilitates day-to-day tasks coordination including overall monitoring and controlling of the entire project;
- Assists in process reviews, data analysis, process documentations, and process mapping;
- Provides steady project leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company;
- Leverages interpersonal skills and good judgement to navigate project execution;
- Communicates effectively by adapting style and message to diverse audiences;
- Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver on mergers and acquisitions projects with minimal supervision;
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Effectively manages time, prioritizes work, multi-tasks across many assignments, and works in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to provide effective consultative and influencing approach in managing projects;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and proven ability to work effectively with an organization;
- Ability to adjust to stakeholder’s individual work styles including cultural and organizational climates;
- Practices breakthrough thinking – “Big Picture” and “Outside the Box”
- Competent in MS Office Suite and project and portfolio management tools such as SmartSheet, SharePoint, MS Project, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years project coordination / management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP, Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent certifications a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!